Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Door is closed... so where is the window?

Job hunting in Provo seems to be pretty hopeless right now. You'd think after 2 weeks that I would have come up with something, anything... but so far no luck. And you know its bad when you even start slightly considering such places as McDonalds... though I don't think I've quite reached that point yet, the thought has crossed my mind. The most annoying part is that I applied to be an EFY counselor for the summer but they still haven't figured everything out yet and the interview was at the beginning of February... Hence the current search for another job. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

On a more positive note, I got to see my family this last weekend! Most memorable quote for the weekend was "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM!?!?! YOU SHOCKED MY FISH TO DEATH!" In context... My 15 year old brother Austin hadn't cleaned his room which is where my roommate Porsche and I were supposed to be sleeping... so we did it for him. When he got back from his trip and finally made it down to his room, that was the first phrase out of his mouth. It was great! oh, and the fish... when we got there, there were 3 fish in the tank, 1 of which was dead. By the time he got home, they were all dead. hazards of a small fish bowl and cheep Walmart fish. I'm not sure why, but for some reason whenever I go home, I get roped into cleaning some project/room in our house. My youngest brother Braydon already informed me that next time I go home I'm supposed to do his room... AGAIN. Hahaha, you'd think they would keep it clean... guess that's how it works with teenage boys!

So I'm starting a new term today. I'm pretty excited for it, should be pretty laid back and fun, especially since my earliest class is at 10 but that's only on Thursday and I don't have class on Friday! Yay for fun 3 day weekends every week! Party time!


Today's Penny for thought...

Thankful: conscious of benefit received(dictionary definition). Gratitude seems to have been the theme for the last week or so in my life so I decided to look it up and that's what I found. I say thank you for a lot of stuff, but am I really paying attention to what I'm saying thank you for? I wonder how the world would be different if we were all more conscious of the things people did for us. And I don't just mean saying thank you, but truly recognizing the efforts others put into our lives and making it a point to show them and not just tell them that you appreciate it. I think there would be a greater effort to reach out to others if we all knew that it would be appreciated... Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment