So despite the persistent elusiveness of a new job, I have found joy this, well now somewhat cloudy, Sunday afternoon. The BYU ward stereotype of consistently speaking of dating and marriage led my good friend Priscilla and I into a 2 hour rendezvous of creative date planning. By the end of those two laugh filled hours, we had come up with 22 rather impressive date ideas! Why do I bring this up, some may ask? Well, several men that I have spoken with have expressed the concern that coming up with something to do for a date isn't always easy. Priscilla and I now have proof that such a thing is not as hard as one might think. The only reason we quit was we realized that even if we asked a guy on date every Friday and Saturday for the rest of the summer, we still probably wouldn't get through all of them. So for you men out there that struggle with coming up with something to do on your Friday night out with the opposite sex, here is just a taste of what we came up with...
GLOW IN THE DARK LASER TAG
Sounds just like regular laser tag? Well not if you go to DI, pick out random clothes for each other, and then paint each other with glow in the dark paint! Not only do you get the awesomeness of laser tag, you get the epicness of a paint war!
Like I said, this is just a taste, one of the more "normal" date ideas that we came up with. (of course I saved the best ones for our own personal use, maybe after they have been successfully accomplished they will be put up here). So the next time that you come up cold turkey and have no idea what to do on your date, just remember, it is possible to come up with all sorts of random things, you just gotta get creative and think outside the box!
Penny for Thought...
Since it is Mother's Day, I just wanted to say thank you to my mother for all she has done for me. She has truly been an example in my life and given me more than I could have ever hoped for! She is an inspiration in my life and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be there for me through everything that comes with living life in this crazy world! I hope that all of us can remember our mothers, not just today, but every day of the year and thank them for all that they do, even when they make mistakes. When was the last time you sincerely told your mother that you love her and not just at the end of a phone conversation? Maybe today is the day that it needs to be expressed...
No comments:
Post a Comment