Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Long Lost Thoughts...

So I realized today just how long it has been since I actually added something to this and decided it was just about time that I fix that. I guess something about being super busy with work and school and having a life (especially once you get a boyfriend) tend to make things like this get shoved to the back of the list of things to do.

Quick update on my life for the last couple months... I started dating an awesome guy named Brian (ironic because my dad's name is also Brian) who has a sister named Nicole... and a roommate named Chris (my little brother's name...) This should seem like a disaster waiting to happen, but so far it has been awesome! Random events such as sidewalk chalk drawing, star gazing, dancing and all sorts of other awesome adventures still occur and I am totally okay with that! (that is when we aren't sitting at my kitchen table spending hours on homework...)

I also got a job as a cashier at the BYU Bookstore! This may sound slightly strange, but I love working cash registers! I know, call me crazy, but its true! After almost a month and half, I am still loving my job! The only sad thing is I have to work the Homecoming game, but I think I'll get over it since I get paid and I'll still be able to go to at least the last quarter anyway.

I have decided that I am one of the luckiest people ever to have such amazing people in my life. I moved into a house south of campus this fall and I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but I ended up with the best roommates ever! We all love hanging out together and often times ended up laughing so hard we can't even say roommate prayer!

So yeah, that's the basics of what is going on with me lately. I was taking 18 credits and an online class on top of work and social life... but after about a week I found that I was going to die if I tried to keep that up, sooo... German is now set up on the top shelf until I find time later in my life to pick it up again. But I'm still loving every minute of what I am doing and I'm so excited to see where life takes me! School is going great, even when I get behind... and I've discovered that I actually do do better with homework if I go to bed early and get up in the morning to finish it... strange, but its true!

Well I gotta run, hopefully I'll have more time to write something a little more exciting and insightful, but for now...

Penny For Thought...

I discovered over the last few weeks that reading my scriptures first thing in the morning has literally changed my life. I know it seems simple, but just changing your perspective and ordering things in your life can make a huge difference. I've suddenly found the time I need to get everything done, even when it seems impossible. I know that might not make much sense, but hey, if nothing else its worth a try right? Priorities can make all the difference if you let them!

No comments:

Post a Comment